Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The incredible weave work of Dianne Dudfield is all around the shop.



Some words from the lady herself:

'I work in my studio at Pio Shores, Waihi Beach looking across the Pacific Ocean to Tuhua (Mayor) Island and am thrilled by the process of turning fibre into a functional and beautiful piece of art.

I use both an 8 shaft floor loom and a 16 shaft dobby loom creating exquisite fine wraps, shawls, scarves and fabric and scrumptious mohair blankets, combining wool, mohair, cotton and silk in a variety of weave structures. I prefer to work with the finest natural fibres, especially those grown in New Zealand, and often include beads and bright coloured dye work to complement the design. I will add man made fibres for the textural experience and visual excitement to further enhance a unique item.'
Blogging tips